Elmwood Newsletter - March 6, 2013
Elmwood Murdock Elementary Science Fair -
This is where the love of science begins
Kaitlynn Ashlock and Sela Rickli find out which fingernail polish is best.
Kate Zakaras experiments to see if she can make biofuel out of animal manure. I think we better keep an eye on this girls...she's going places! She won two ribbons and a medal. She will be advancing to the SAC Museum Science Fair.
Little Miss Ava Kennedy, my cute little neighbor girl, did an experiment about play dough.
Ava explained her experiment to one of the judges, Keri Hogue.
Ava won a first place ribbon and a medal!!! Not bad, girl!
Ella Zierott and Shay Campbell went all out and built a volcano. Better keep an eye on these two also...just in case they liked blowing things up.
Some of the finalists.
"The Fox on the Fairway" is Frolicking Fun
Ashland, NE [March 2, 2013] -Mistaken identities! Romantic shenanigans! And most importantly, golf! KBC Productions announces the opening of its spring production at Mahoney State Park, "The Fox On the Fairway," on Saturday, March 9. Reminiscent of the Marx Brothers' classics, this madcap adventure will keep you on your toes. We suggest a PG13 rating for this event.
The show is directed by and stars Kevin Colbert of Weeping Water. The cast also includes Mick Kovar, Samantha Colbert and Mathew Pegler of Lincoln; Stacy White and Shari Hoelker of Omaha and Ross Mumford of Elmwood. The role of Justin is shared on an alternating schedule by Mr. Pegler and Mr. Mumford.
"The Fox on the Fairway," runs March 9, 10, 15-17, 22-24, 30, April 5-7, 12-14 and 19-21. Curtain times are 7:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays are 2:00pm matinees. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for children 12 and under. Reservations may be made by calling Mahoney State Park at 402.944.2523 ext 7122. A park entry permit is required.
Pictured below: Sitting, Mathew Pegler. Front, Samantha Colbert and Ross Mumford. Back, Shari Hoelker, Mick Kovar, Kevin Colbert and Stacy White.
IT’S TIME TO NOMINATE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE PEOPLE.
FEEL FREE TO SEND IN NOMINATIONS.
GUIDELINES FOR E-M KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE
“Arthurian legend believes the Knight’s Round Table was created to show there was no head of the table, implying that everyone who sits there has equal status. The symbolism of the Round Table, founded in patience, humility, and meekness, developed over time; today, it has come to represent the chivalric order associated with the Elmwood-Murdock Knights.”
In order to honor those people who have shown outstanding dedication to the continuation of education at Elmwood-Murdock Schools, we have established the Knights of the Round Table Award. These awards will be given annually at the Athletic Banquet. The Knights of the Round Table recipients will be chosen by the Booster Club.
These selections are based on the following criteria:
1. Nominee supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Elmwood-Murdock School.
2. Nominee may be (has been) a professional employee or volunteer, or a non-professional employee or volunteer, or a significant contributor to the educational mission of the Elmwood-Murdock School.
3. Nominee must give(has given) evidence of superior talent, skill, time, or competency which contributes (has contributed) in an outstanding way to the quality of educational opportunity at the Elmwood-Murdock School.
4. Nominee has rendered service to the Elmwood-Murdock school such as:
a. Committee Work b. Volunteer/service c. Support Organizations d. Substantial Financial Support e. Outstanding Employee Service
NOMINATION PROCEDURE All nominations must be submitted on the proper form, which will be available in the elementary and high school offices and online at www.elm.esu3.org. Nominations will be accepted from anyone. Organizations (Faculty/Staff, E-M Board of Education), Community Members will be solicited for nominations. If a member of the Knights of the Roundtable were to be in violation of the qualities, characteristics, values, etc. mentioned in these criteria, it could be grounds for consideration for removal.
Deadline for nominations will be March 15.
KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE NOMINATION FORM
1. NAME OF NOMINEE__________________________________
2. NOMINEE’S ADDRESS:________________________________ PHONE:____________________
3. Describe/Explain the nature of employment/volunteer service contribution of nominee:
4. Describe evidence of nominee’s superior talent, skill, or competency, which contributes (has contributed) in an outstanding way to the quality of the educational community of the Elmwood-Murdock School.
5. Describe evidence of nominee’s dedication to the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Elmwood- Murdock School.
6. Please note any additional qualities and characteristics, which suggest that the nominee is worthy to be considered a Knight of the Round Table.
Signature of Person submitting nomination
Kindly return all nominations for the E-M Knights of the Round Table to the Mr. Allemang, 300 Wyoming Street, Murdock, NE 68407.
Nominations must be received no later than March 15.
Community Sustaining Sponsors 2013
Economic Development Committee of Cass County, Nebraska, has created a database of searchable industrial and business sites within the county. List your site at no cost! Click here
Elmwood Site Search
Elmwood Newsletter - May 15, 2013 CONGRATULATIONS, CLASS OF 2013! Go forth and prosper!...
Elmwood Newsletter - May 8, 2013 TEAM LANDON....in case you missed it last week...here's an update....
Village of Elmwood Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes - 04-03-2013 Village of Elmwood Board of Trustees Regular Meeting – April 3,...
Elmwood Newsletter - May 1, 2013 Garden Plants and Hanging...