Elmwood Newsletter - February 6, 2013
4th Street Market will now have hot coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate for anyone who would like to come in and have a cup along with a cupcake or just have a cup.
Valentines Day is coming soon. Art Chicks has cute gift certificate baskets available with four lunches, calendar, light up pen, Bakers Chocolates and more for only $75.00! We can deliver or mail out to that special someone. 402-234-2669 or email order at firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Custom orders available.
Activities at the United Methodist Church in Murdock
Wed., Feb. 6 – at 2 p.m. the United Methodist Women meet; at 6:30 p.m. Sr. Hi Youth meet at our Church; Every Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. the Combined Choir Practices at the Elmwood U. M. Church.
Thurs., Feb. 7 – a Bible Study at 7 p.m. at the Louisville United Methodist Church
Feb. 8-9 Please pray for our youth attending the Dare 2 Share Event in Lincoln.
Sat., Feb. 9 – from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pastor Bob will be attending the Legislative Briefing at the Christ United Methodist Church in Lincoln
Sun. Feb. 10 –at 9:30 a.m. worship service on Planning for the Future with Christine Vanderford and Anita Crisp sharing, and also the Combined Choir singing,
Mon., Feb. 11 – at 7 p.m. the Administrative Council will meet.
Wed., Feb. 13 –at 7 p.m. Community Ash Wednesday Service at Elmwood Christian Church; at 6:30 p.m. Sr. Hi Youth meet at our Church
Sun., Feb. 17 – at 9:30 a.m. worship on Sweetheart Sunday and Scout Sunday with 5th & 6th graders helping in our worship service – Pastor Bob Neben will begin a series of messages on The Lord’s Prayer; At 10:30 a.m. the Staff Parish Relations Committee will meet with our District Superintendent, Rev. Galen Wray; at 11:30 a.m. Sweetheart Meal at the United Methodist Church in Elmwood for a free will offering
Wed., Feb. 20 – at 1:30 p.m. Sew ‘N Sews meet to tie quilts for Epworth Village; at 6:30 p.m. Sr. Hi Youth meet at our Church; at 7:30 p.m. Community Lenten Service at our Church with Brady Berans speaking about how God helped him overcome a concussion while playing football at Lincoln East.
Sun., Feb. 24 – at 9:30 a.m. worship service on the Second Sunday of Lent with a second message on The Lord’s Prayer
Mon., Feb. 25 – The Mission/Outreach Committee will meet at 7 p.m.
Wed., Feb. 27 –at 6:30 p.m. Sr. Hi. Youth meet; at 7 p.m. Community Lenten Service at the Elmwood United Methodist Church with former Cornhusker football player, Ricky Simmons, sharing about how God helped him overcome his cocaine addiction.
Sun., March 3 – Third Sunday in Lent with Holy Communion
11th Annual Nebraska American String Teachers Association Fiddle Tune Composition Contest!
There has been an exciting addition to our Eleventh Annual Nebraska American String Teachers Association Fiddle Tune Composition Contest! The American Viola Society is offering a $75.00 prize for the "Best Viola Tune" submitted! In addition, the "Best Viola Tune" would be made available on the AVS website as part of their American Viola Project at
The Eleventh Annual Nebraska American String Teachers Association Fiddle Tune Composition Contest
This event inspires fiddlers everywhere to compose their own tunes, and supports the cause of string education throughout the great state of Nebraska.
1st PLACE: $100.00 2nd PLACE: $50.00 3rd PLACE: $25.00
Entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2013. The winners will be announced on May 25, 2013, during the Monumental Fiddling Championship held at the Homestead National Monument in Beatrice, Nebraska. The winning compositions will be performed at the Monumental Fiddling Championship, and printed in Stringing Along, the journal of the Nebraska Chapter of the American String Teachers Association.
For more information about the Nebraska American String Teachers Association, log on to the web site at www.neasta.org.
Greenblatt & Seay Publications, in Avoca, Nebraska is a proud Sponsor of the Nebraska ASTA Fiddle Tune Composition Contest
The 2013 Contest Rules and Guidelines:
1. Each submission should be an original composition which must be unpublished and composed after March 31, 2012.
2. Composers may submit more than one tune, but only one prize will be awarded to any one composer.
3. Four copies of the music must be submitted via computer generated sheet music, or hand-written sheet music.
4. The composer should include their name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the title of the piece.
5. The entry fee of $20.00 should be sent in at the time of submission. Checks should be payable to Nebraska ASTA.
6. If you wish to receive written evaluation of your tune by the judges, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your entry.
7. Nebraska ASTA assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to works submitted.
8. Entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2013.
9. Send your entry to Deborah Greenblatt, The Old Schoolhouse, PO Box 671, Avoca, Nebraska,68307-0671. The composer is responsible for keeping a copy of their work, as well as for copyrighting their tune.
10. The composer understands that if their tune is one of the winners, Nebraska ASTA has permission to have the piece performed on May 25, 2013, in Beatrice, Nebraska, as well as permission to reprint the tune in Stringing Along, the newsletter of Nebraska ASTA.
Greenblatt & Seay Publications, in Avoca, Nebraska is a proud Sponsor of the Nebraska ASTA Fiddle Tune Composition Contest For more information about the Nebraska American String Teachers Association, log on to the web site atwww.neasta.org.
Community Sustaining Sponsors 2013
Economic Development Committee of Cass County, Nebraska, has created a database of searchable industrial and business sites within the county. List your site at no cost! Click here
Elmwood Site Search
Elmwood Newsletter - June 19, 2013 A fitting tribute to a selfless man. All of our communities...
Elmwood Newsletter - June 12, 2013 Another Angel Gets His Wings Elmwood Murdock has sent...
Elmwood Newsletter - June 5, 2013 Two of my favorite people have a birthday on Thursday. What...
Elmwood Newsletter - May 29, 2013 2011 EM Graduate, Sam Burtch, local boy gone Husker,...